"We're all a little weird and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
- Dr. Seuss
Welcome to my little corner of the internet! My name is Nina and I am a family & newborn photographer in Northern California and I'm so happy that you stopped by. There are a lot of amazing photographers in the San Francisco Bay Area, so please know that I'm super grateful that you're interested in my work and taking the time to learn more. I strive to give every client an enjoyable and easy going photography experience, and I’m excited to have the opportunity to do the same for you!
the girl behind the lens,
Grey skies make me happy, sunsets are special, and the sound of rain warms my soul and puts a smile on my face. I love smiling, I love to laugh, and I count myself extremely blessed that I am given the opportunity to capture special memories for so many families.
My photography style is romantic, candid and fun. I swoon over vintage colors and soft, golden sunlight. I love creating beautiful portraits and have a genuine passion for capturing anything honest and real; like those in-between moments when you think that nobody else is watching - because those moments are genuine and worth remembering.
My dream is to one day have my very own studio, where I can meet with clients, showcase my fabulous print products and store all of my photography props and goodies. I work primarily in the San Francisco Bay Area, but will happily travel for a portrait session when the opportunity arises.
1. If I had to choose one food to eat forever, it would be nectarines (w/lemon juice & salt)
2. I am a huge sports fanatic. My favorite teams are the San Francisco 49ers, San Francisco Giants, the Golden State Warriors and the San Jose Sharks
3. Marathoning the “Big Bang Theory”, “Impractical Jokers”, "Ridiculousness", or "The League" never gets old. The hubby and I absolutely love to laugh!
4. I am a huge collector of coffee cups - I just can't stop buying them and sometimes I get "the eye" when I come home with a new one, lol
5. I used to be a pretty decent hula dancer (I danced for a little over 10 years)
6. I am hopelessly in love with my husband... He is my bestest friend in the whole world
7. I love playing with colorful eyeshadow whenever I have a little extra time to get ready
8. I long to be a dog mom and already have names picked out - yes that was plural, because I want more than one :)
9. Coffee [with hazelnut creamer] is my vice
10. I'm an avid collector of tattoos and each one has their very own story and meaning related to a specific chapter in my life
11. I'm a big smeller... I smell everything lol - I just can’t help it (this either turns out really good for me or really bad!)
12. Lately I've been obsessed with true crime podcasts! I have a handful of favorites that I listen to every day.
13. Like once a month, I make my husband run into the movie theater, just to buy me popcorn (w/tons of butter), so that I can eat it at home in my jammies lol - HE'S THE BEST!
14. If I could just spend my life taking pictures all day-every day, I’d be one happy girl ツ
15. When I’m not having fun on a portrait session, some of my favorite things to do are; spend time at the lake, go camping, go on road trips, listen to the rain, play with my GoPro, and explore/photograph abandoned buildings. I have a website for that too! You can check it out, at www.filthybean.com.
15 random facts about me
WHAT'S IN MY
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 6D Mark II
10-20mm Fisheye Lens
24-70mm Wide Angle Lens
100mm Macro Lens
50mm 1.5 Lens
GoPro Hero 5